APPLYING FOR CONSULTANT ACCREDITATION
Thank you for your request to become an accredited consultant of the Feng Shui Society (FSSA). We have provided information below to tell you about the society and take you through the process to becoming accredited as a Feng Shui consultant in the UK.
‘The Feng Shui Society’ is an independent non-profit organisation. It is managed on a voluntary basis by an executive committee elected by the membership.
Since 1993, the Feng Shui Society has been recognised as the independent regulating body for professional Feng Shui consultants throughout the UK and Europe. We have a register of accredited consultants that is readily accessed by the public worldwide through the Society’s website.
The following pages contain guidance to help you complete your application easily. Though, should you require any further clarification do not hesitate to ask for assistance by contacting us at email@example.com.
By providing all the requested information it will enable the Society’s ‘Accreditation Panel’ to assess your application. The Society wishes to understand how you approach your work overall. Although, how you present your application is flexible, providing you follow the submission requirements.
Your application will be handled with confidentiality by the Society’s accreditation secretary. Applications are assessed by three Panel members and completed in approximately four to six weeks, usually to coincide with meetings of the Society’s Executive Committee who may be asked to ratify the panel’s recommendations.
Getting your Application Accredited
We ask that you read the societies Constitution and ‘Code Of Practice’ prior to submitting your reports to ensure your awareness of our ethics. These are found on the society website along side the application form. All material must be submitted in English.
What we need from you if you have not been trained by one of our accredited schools on our website:
- Information about your training course to ensure this meets the minimum requirements set by the society – Please see the Applicant Information Form & CV.
- Genuine client examples of your work including three full written Feng Shui consultation reports along with the client floor plans. All your workings and reasons for recommendations and calculations must be listed separately if not already in the report, along with references to the relevant Feng Shui principles.
- A fee of £65.00 will be payable on submission of your application to take you through the assessment process.
What we need if you have been trained by one of our accredited schools on our website:
- Your accredited tutor will put you forward and provide the training information we require (as agreed between the society and accredited school) along with the qualifying students first years membership fee.
- You must supply two full written Feng shui consultation reports along with you clients floor plans. All your workings and reasons for recommendations and calculations must be listed separately if not already in the report, along with references to the relevant Feng Shui principles.
NB Whilst being assessed it may be necessary for a member of the panel to contact you by email, phone or, hold a meeting with you to discuss details regarding your application. A further report or more information may be requested. Therefore, the more information you can provide, the easier it is for the panel to be confident of awarding you your Accreditation.
What you can expect from the panel:
- Constructive feedback to assist your practice and development. For example, if an area of weakness in your knowledge or a lack of clarity is identified, you may be encouraged to receive mentoring or to continue further study after you have been accredited. We do expect our qualified consultants to continue with on-going professional development.
- Once you have been formally accredited, you will be informed by telephone or email, followed by your Accredited Consultants registration certificate. All Feng Shui Society accredited consultants who are currently registered are permitted to use the letters FSSA (Feng Shui Society Accredited after their name).
Accredited applicants will then be asked to provide us with:
- Proof of valid Insurance to work in the UK
- Your annual membership fee
- Confirmation that you have read the Constitution and Consultants Code of Practice. e.Signed Declaration provided
- Your consultancy promotional literature and website details for approval to be entered on to the society website.
We look forward to being able to welcome you to the Feng Shui Society’s professional register.